9/2/09

Isn't it ironic?

Remember the Alanis Morissette "Ironic"? I remember singing it on the playground at Tender Years, my daycare growing up, for huge amounts of time. It was strange at the time (and even now) because I only listen to country. But for a brief amount of time, I listened to a couple of other types of music and somewhere through that, I picked up this song.
Well, after my post Monday night, I came down with bronchitis. I left school yesterday at 10:45 with a 101.6* temp. I went to the doctor where she proceeded to give me a shot, a prescription, and a suggestion for Mucinex. I left there to pick up my prescription where I learned Mucinex costs $21.99!!! One box of medicine FOR A SICK PERSON costs $21.99. Anyway, the school won't let me come back until my temp is gone for 24 hours, so here I am, blogging, reading, watching West Wing, and coughing my lungs out. Bronchitis isn't terrible, but I don't love it. I can't talk for more than 2 mins without having a coughing fit, and I love talking!
One of Brian's roommates from Auburn left for Africa last week (a week after one of my best friends and her husband left for Africa.) After we spent the weekend at the lake with the roommates and their girls, which was SO much fun, Danny was baptized Sunday morning. For lunch, Danny's parents invited a large group of Danny's friends over for lunch. She made the most magnificent dip with chili and cream cheese. It practically disappeared as soon as it was put on the table. I asked Danny's mom for the recipe and she delivered!
Dixie Chili Dip
Spread cream cheese in a pie pan. Pour 1 can of chili across cream cheese. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Zap in the microwave until melted and hot.
Dixie Chili is produced in Cincinnati and is difficult to find, but Danny's mom suggested Skyline Chili as a good alternative.
This is a great tailgating option! Enjoy!
Speaking of tailgating----
WAR EAGLE!
3 DAYS UNTIL FOOTBALL SEASON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...