2/15/10

Snow in the South

Last Friday was a "major" snow event for Alabama. We got out of school at 11:30, so I headed home to do homework (gross) and watch the snow fall through the window. I wish we could see a little more snow on a regular basis, it's so pretty! Once Brian got home, we went outside, took pictures, and watched Bodie play in the snow- she wasn't so sure what she thought of it.


As soon as the snow stopped falling, it started melting, so we headed to Mobile for Mardi Gras. We went with Brian's family- we packed his mom and dad, two brothers, brother's girlfriends, and the two of us into one van. It was tight, but fun! We went to the Saturday afternoon parade and the Saturday night parade. We all seemed to have more luck at the afternoon parade, where I got at least five strings of beads for each of my students. And a WHOLE BAG of moon pies. Yum! (Those I am not sharing with the kids :)
All in all it was a fabulous weekend! School was delayed two hours this morning for more snow, which didn't actually come, so I got to sleep in!
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. How nice to have a delayed Monday! That sounds like the start of a good week to me! : )

    Talk to you tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...