2/22/10

Some things I love right now....

This spring weather is magnificent! I am not sure where you are reading from, but here in Alabama the sky is clear (well kind of... it was yesterday, today it is a little overcast) and the temperature is at a wonderful 64 degrees. I adore this time of year, when the buttercups bloom and people walk dogs happily, not bundled up looking miserable.

As I mentioned in the last post, Sunday was my mom's birthday. I was very stumped on her gift this year because our budgeting is a little different then it has been in the past. Brian and I talked about it and decided to give her an assortment of things I have fallen in love with over the past year, things that have been useful, or things that have simply been fun. So in the spirit of my mom's birthday, I want to share some of the things I gave her... and some of the things I wished I could have given her.

#1- Caldrea Lotion and Household Cleaner

Image from Caldrea.com

People, this stuff is incredible. The teacher next door had the lotion on her desk when I started at my school. After using it several days in a row, I finally bought myself some. It's kind of pricey, but has this fresh, heavenly scent that is not too strong. As I was purchasing the lotion, I discovered their household cleaner. At first I scoffed, who's need expensive cleaner? Then I heard how good it worked. Then I bought some. Pitiful, I know. Holy Smokes. Not only is your house (countertops, toilets, showers, tubs, coffee tables, glass top dining room tables, dressers- I use it on EVERYTHING) very clean, it smells good too. I simply adore this stuff.

#2- William Sonoma's Kuhn Rikon Herb Chopper

Image from Williams Sonoma.com
I am so afraid of knives. I am a timid chopper. After getting my gift certificate at Christmas, I headed to WS to shop around and found this treasure. Somehow it takes my fear away. It comes with a cover and is even good for chopping mango, though I'm not sure if it's any better than a regular knife. I just really like it. :)

#3- Cardigans

Image from Oldnavy.com

Cute. Classy. Dressy. Casual. The perfect catch all. Brian's getting tired of them, but I love that you can throw them on with anything!

#4- Decorative tanks (to go with the cardigan!)


Image from OldNavy.com
I have bought 3 in the past two weeks. They dress the cardigan up and give it SPUNK! And they are perfect for the hot summer months.

#5- The Hostess with the Mostess

This site is incredible! She gives such great ideas for party decor, gifts, food, everything! As I was planning mom's party, I went straight to her blog for ideas. I am anxious to use a few of them for upcoming baby showers. I wish I was that creative!

Somehow I was blog hopping and got to this site- I might have just googled tablescapes. Anyway, there are some gorgeous wedding pictures as well as some great ideas for tables. I was inspired by their Coke bottle vases and put my own spin on it! Beautiful pictures and great inspiration.


#7- Simple ballet flats
I have been wearing them all year and loving them. Then, I found this post at Design-A-Peele. Clip on earrings on flats to make them cute? Ingenious! Beth is always blowing me away with her passion for Christ and her fabulous house and wardrobe ideas. I am dying to try out the clips ons, but it means I have to widen my shoe variety. Well, a girl has to sacrifice sometimes, doesn't she? :)

#8- Scarves!

It took a little while, but now I can't get enough of them! They are such a cute way to add a little extra to an outfit. I am LOVING Ann Taylor Loft's Spring collection, but can't really afford it right now. Better save the big bucks (or wait for a sale)!

Well, it's back to studying for me! Have a blessed and wonderful week my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am starting to see what Maegan was talking about. I feel like I could have written this post myself! My uniform is a tank, cardigan and flats. And a scarf it is cold! I am also going to have to try out that cleaner. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...