9/20/10

Wisdom from a child

I was recently at a friend's house when her four year old daughter walked into the room. I was talking to her about the things I often talk to four year olds about- her day, her little brother, her favorite color.. and I casually mentioned that I LOVED the color pink.
She looked at me with her serious 4 year old eyes and said..
"We DON'T love things, we only love God and people."
Whoa, back up. At first I was shocked. Then I was amazed.
I can easily think of 10 times in the past week that I used the phrase *I love...* And not just with God or Brian or even my friends, but with things- the school's crispitos, Auburn football, a flip camera, or Harry Potter.
But when my exageration takes over everything, where does my *true love* come into play? Am I so focused on the things of the world that I don't even verbally differentiate between the worldly things that I like and the God that I love?
*This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.*
1 John 3:16
*We love because He first loved us.*
1 John 4:19
*By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.*
John 13:35
How incredible that God can speak through a 4-year old.
He is good, all the time.

2 comments:

  1. great post ashley! so true. It's hard to not fall into the pit of "loving" all worldly things. This is usually why I stay away from posts that read "eye candy" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...that made this mommy tear up...so glad you are my new friend...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...