8/26/11

Football Friday- Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins


As those of you who have been around for more than 9 months know, I *love* Auburn football. I met my husband in Auburn, I met many of my best friends in Auburn, I was a member of the Auburn Flag Line and was therefore part of the Auburn band, I graduated from Auburn, and I truly believe that to be in Auburn, AL on a fall Saturday is one of the best ways to spend a day.


This football season I am excited to introduce a new weekly series to my blog called Football Friday. This is a chance for me to share various recipes that I have found in a cookbook, on a blog, or (of course) on Pinterest, that would be great for tailgating or simply watching the big game on TV. Some of these recipes are old faithfuls while others are new and are meant to add a fun spark to the week. 

So, in honor of being a week and a day from football season, I bring you my first Football Friday recipe!

Don't be BLUE, Football Season is a Week Away Blueberry Muffins
(Okay, super long name, but so appropriate, right?)

Ingredients-
Muffins
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. White sugar
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
1 egg
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/3 c. milk
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

Topping
1/2 c. white sugar
1/3 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. butter
1 1/2 t. cinnamon

Muffins
Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Place vegetable oil in a one cup measuring cup and add the egg and enough milk to fill to the top. Mix the flour mixture with the vegetable oil mixture. Fold in the blueberries. Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full.

Topping
Mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle the topping on the uncooked muffins.

Bake at 400* for 20-25 minutes or until done.

I got this recipe from a mom in my class two years ago. They are absolutely delicious and freeze really well. Auburn kicks off at 11:00 next Saturday so this would be the perfect treat for before the game!
I don't have pictures today, but I plan to have them for future recipes :)

Have a super Friday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...