10/7/11

Football Friday- Cheese Cookies

Happy Football Friday everyone!
I don't know about you, but I adore cheese straws. That cheese with a little bit of spice is a definite weakness of mine- but at the cheapest price of $6.99 for a little bitty bag, they are not something I am able to enjoy often. When I was growing up, my mom used to make cheese cookies. They are a lot like cheese straws, but wayyy less expensive. They are the perfect addition to a shower or party, but also a great tailgating food!! We will be enjoying them as we watch Auburn play the Arkansas Razorbacks tomorrow!

Grate the Razorbacks Cheese Cookies
Ingredients
1 1/2 sticks butter
2 c. plain flour
2 c. sharp cheddar cheese
1 c. rice krispies
Dash of cayenne pepper

Mix thoroughly and roll into balls. Press with fork and sprinkle with cayenne for additional kick! Bake at 350* for 18-20 minutes.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...