11/30/11

Dare to... Bake Cookies!

This week's Dare to DIY challenge is dare to... bake cookies!
I adore baking... whether it is cookies, cupcakes, cakes, pies, or bread, I find it calming and enjoyable and love to taste the product :) 

My cookie recipe this week is Mexican Wedding Cookies. 


When I was in elementary school I took Spanish and each year we celebrated Cinco de Mayo with a big fiesta. We had tacos for lunch, worked for weeks to make our own pinatas, and then had a blast. Since I went to a small private school, the parents baked cookies for the entire student body. My elementary self didn't realize what a commitment that was, so I volunteered my mom and thus got one of our favorite cookie recipes of all time.

Mexican Wedding Cookies
Ingredients
1 c. soft butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
3/4 c. chopped nuts (We usually use pecans.)

Mix the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla together. Stir in the flour and salt. Add the chopped nuts. Chill dough for at least an hour to firm.
(I let my dough chill for a little too long, so it was too hard to form into balls- if this happens, just pop it in the microwave so the butter can re-soften.)
Rolls dough into 1 in. balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350* until set, not brown. (This took about 13-15 min.) While warm, roll cookies in powdered sugar. Once they cool, roll in powderered sugar again.

Enjoy!

Dare to DIY

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I've never had these. And what a good mom to make those for your entire school! Wow!

    Thanks for linking these up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have always been scared of those cookies, but the recipe is easy and has lots of yummy ingredients. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...