11/7/11

Gifted 2011

Last Thursday was our second Gifted women's ministry event at my church. It went fabulously!

Just as I did last year, I worked with my wonderful friend Beth to plan the event. This year, the event included a ton of hard work, but not near the frustration or confusion that last year's provoked. In the end, we had about 175 women, 22 vendors, 5 delicious desserts, 5 cute crafts, 2 huge containers of coffee, and 1 incredible speaker. God taught me so much about the opportunities He gives us to serve in the church and how we should follow through until completion. He taught me about adjusting my attitude toward women and how expectations of people almost always hinders the potential of a relationship. He also revealed to me the necessity of prayer when considering each aspect of the planning- I think this was something that I lacked last year and contributed to a lot of my aggravation. Once again, He provided wonderful friendships through this event- He strengthened my friendship with Beth and also introduced new friends that I haven't spent much time with up until this point. I am blessed to have been part of planning for this event- God used it to work in me and I hope, to work in the hearts of the ladies who attended. It was a excellent night of fellowship.

In addition to the planning, I was also a vendor at the event- check out my booth!
By the end of the night I was about ready to yank those banners down because they kept falling down, but overall I think it turned out pretty cute! I worked long hours to create some new banners for Thanksgiving and Christmas and was really pleased with the results. Some of them are up in my Etsy shop so check it out!

Have a wonderful Monday my friends!

1 comment:

  1. I ordered your Give Thanks banner today! I'd love to have a Christmas one, are you willing to do a custom order?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...