1/15/12

On a roll.

So, this week I have been on a roll with cooking dinner.
We managed to eat out alot over the holidays so I was anxious to get back into some normalcy. 

Monday night was the National Championship, so we opted out of real dinner to enjoy football snacks. Congrats to the Tide, but let's just say I liked last year's winner a whole lot better. Ah, well, we win some, we lose some. War eagle.

Tuesday night I tried a new lasagna recipe that knocked my socks off. It was CRAZY simple and amazingly tasty. And Brian has mentioned how good it was at least 5 times since we sat down to enjoy the meal. (Go to the bottom of the post for the lasagna recipe!)

I won't deny it- I was tempted to go out Wednesday night. We were supposed to have crockpot chili, but I conveniently forgot to get the crockpot ready until about 2 (AKA naptime.) We had Bible study at 6, so it seemed like the best thing to do would be to grab something before we went, but instead I decided to try crockpot potatoes. Folks, this was the answer to all my potato woes. I wrapped my 2 clean, holy baked potatoes in aluminum foil, placed them in the crockpot on high, let them cook for about 3.5 hours and voila- done! Spread on the toppings and had a great dinner. I will never go back to potato confusion again. Ladies, you must try it.

Finally, the caramel to my apple.... Thursday night's meal. As I mentioned in my Football Friday posts, I really enjoying following Plain Chicken's blog... she has amazing recipes that are made with normal ingredients... I don't do fancy or over the top, so she is my recipe hero. A week or so ago she posted about her Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili. The recipe is so simple and the results were fantastic. I had never made a chicken chili before but will definitely make this deliciousness again. Heavenly.

Classic Lasagna with a Johnson twist
Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
2 1/2 c. Kraft Italian cheese
1 container of ricotta cheese
1/4 c. fresh parsley
1 egg
1 jar spaghetti sauce
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked

 Mix 1 1/4 c.  Italian cheeses, ricotta, parsley, and egg until well until blended, then set aside.
Brown meat and drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Add 1 cup of water to meat mixture. Stir until well blended.
In a 9x13 baking dish, layer 1 c. meat sauce, uncooked pasta shells, and cheese mixture. Top with another cup of meat sauce. Repeat with remaining noodles, meat sauce, and cheese.

Cover with fail and bake at 350* for 1 hour or until heated through. Remove the foil after 45 min. and finish cooking.


What are your favorite go-to meals for week nights? I would love some suggestions to keep this roll... rolling!

2 comments:

  1. All of those sound delicioussss! Will be trying that lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "tagged" you, check it out!

    http://everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-was-tagged-are-you.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...