11/26/12

Country Girl

A few weeks ago, my sweet Granny passed away. God is so gracious and merciful in the timing and way that she passed, but needless to say, it was a hard week.

Granny is from a small town in Mississippi. I grew up going there, but Granny moved to Birmingham my sophomore year at Auburn, so I haven't made as many trips to MS as I would have liked to recently.

One of the gifts God gave us through Granny's death was about a week of quality time in MS with EA and my parents. Brian had to go out of town for a large portion of that week, so I stayed in MS to help my parents. It ended up being a great week of family time.

The best part of the week was bringing EA to Granny's house. Granny has lots of land and my parents have done a lot of work over the past few years- it looks amazing. EA had acres and acres to just explore, and she loved it.

I used the time to grab some pictures of my sweet girl. I love sweet pictures of children/ families in fields on photography blogs and was anxious to try to recreate some that I have seen, but what makes these special is the fact that this land is important to our family. It's not just a field, it's our family's history. 


EA and Poppy on the tractor.


She was watching the cows. Seriously, she was a big fan of the spotted friends.



I have so many memories of my mom and grandmother sitting in these chairs on her front porch as I played in the front yard- this picture is so special bc. they brought my daughter into those memories.

God was incredibly faithful during this time. He brought complete and perfect healing to my grandmother through her faith in Him. He rekindled memories that had faded from years of Granny's fight with dementia.  He began mending relationships that have suffered for far too long. He provided a time of relaxation amidst a time of chaos. He showed my family the power of the Body of Christ.

It was a sad week and a hard week, but a week of wonderful reminders of who God is- our Comforter and Healer.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.
Psalm 86:12

3 comments:

  1. Love this post and love you more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely precious!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!! Love and prayers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious picture from your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...