1/3/10

Goals for 2010

As the new year begins, I have to think back on how often my goals go unaccomplished and ignored. I always have such great intentions, but life happens and I forget. With this said, as I was trying to make my goals for this year, I set out to make goals that are reasonable and measured, so I can celebrate success.
Goal #1- Consistant time in God's Word daily.
God's Word is "a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path." I struggle with the self discipline of reading every day, especially when my schedule is different or my life is stressful, but what better way to know God more than reading His Word?
Goal #2- Official and planned date night once a month.
Brian and I often eat out or watch a movie together, but the nights that make the most memories are often the ones we have planned together and are looking forward to together. Though we spend much more quality time together than just once a month, I hope that with this goal we can walk away from grad. school and our jobs and simply focus on each other.
Goal #3- Read (at least) 6 Newbery Award winners.
I love children's literature. No, I adore it. Over the summer, I was asked to read Maniac Magee as part of a class assignment. It was one of the best books I have ever read. Though the Newbery Awards take no thought of popularity by children, they focus on great children's literature that teaches life lessons and put children's imagination in unusual and often uncomfortable places. They are great for children AND adults!
Goal #4- Try a new recipe once a week.
I have seen this goal on several other blogs. My first thought was the movie Julie/ Julia, which is kind of the right idea, only much less intense. Brian has been saying he is concerned about what we will eat when we have children. That's never good, so I need an arsonal of great recipes to ease his stress!
Goal #5- Post (at least) 3 times a week.
As the theme of the rest of this post, I am an inconsistant blogger. I hope that through this goal, I will be able to maintain more stable blogging habits.
Well, I head back to school in the morning. The break has been LOVELY, but I am excited to see my 7 year olds again.
Have a blessed week, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your day back goes well, I am praying for all of my teacher friends who head back! I love your goals- I struggle with my daily quiet time too, it's so easy to forget about it or brush past it. I'm working at establishing a better routine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...