11/19/10

HP 7- I'm impressed.

Have you seen Harry Potter yet?
 I have been pumped about this movie for ages, reread the entire series to be prepared, watched tons of trailors and assumed the worst.
You see, I'm a skeptic.
Not on all things.
But because of past let downs with the Harry Potter movies, I planned for the worst.
As a a student more than 3/4 the way through an educational media program (aka school librarian), the book always trumps the movie. I am a firm believer in reading the book first so you can visualize and create the scene in your head.
Then I generally watch the movie, am critical from the beginning to the end, then reread the book just to confirm the truth.
I was horribly let down by HP and the Half Blood Prince. I actually left angry, so I wasn't sure what to expect with 7.

Ya'll, it was so good. There were some tiny changes, but for the most part, it was very close to the book (though I would advise reading 1-7 first as to not ruin the real storyline.)
Congrats Warner Brothers, you handled this one well.

Happy Weekend my friends!

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! : ) What are we going to do when the HP movies are over too? The end of an era! I can't wait to see HP7, and really can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...