1/11/11

2010- A Look Back

I realize that I am a little late, but here are some highlights from 2010. It was a fabulous year!

*To start 2010, Brian and I went down to watch the Auburn Tigers play Northwestern at the Outback Bowl in Tampa. Who would have thought that a year later we would be watching them play in the National Championship? Crazy. It's still sinking in.


*Also in January, Brian and I began our third semester in graduate school. I began the first of three one-hundred hour internships.

*In February, we saw Brad Paisley in concert! Check out here and here to read more!


*At the end of February, we served with other members in our church for GIC (Global Impact Celebration) 2010. This was an opportunity to look at the missions goals our church made, celebrate, and offer a time of worship for the missionaries. We saw lots of our friends who have left for the mission field and started new friendships that have grown through the past year. Such a blessing.


*In March, Brian and I took our Spring Break and went to the Marriott Grand in Fairhope, AL. We spent a fabulous and relaxing 5 days sleeping late, riding bikes, watching sunsets, and just resting. Totally needed. Totally wonderful.


* In April, Brian and I got a new dining room table!

*In May, I completed my first year of teaching with my school. It was a fabulous experience. More exciting, for the first time in three years, I had job plans for the next school year! Brian celebrated his three year anniversary at the Power Company.

*At the end of May, I began the second of my three internships with a high school in the area.

*June was a gigantic month! Brian and I packed, planned, and prepared to head to Israel with 18 of our good friends from Sunday School. We were blessed with the opportunity to serve the Bedouin people and to see the place where our Jesus walked. It was incredible and life changing. Check out the Israel label on the side to read more about the trip!
 

 


*In July, Brian and I celebrated our three year wedding anniversary by going to Ross Bridge and hanging out at the pool all day. It was the perfect, romantic relaxer coming off of our big trip.

*In early August, I began my second year of teaching second grade at my school. I also started my final internship for my graduate program.

*Labor Day weekend, Brian and I headed down to the beach with our friends Rob and Ginny and Jared and Ashley. We had a blast and loved watching Auburn win the first game of the season!


*In September, Brian and I attended our first Auburn football game of the 2010 season against Clemson. We went with our friends Jase and Elizabeth. Auburn beat Clemson 24-21 in overtime.


*In October, Auburn was ranked #1 for the first time in the 2010 season.

*The 2nd of November was the Gifted Women's ministry event. I worked with Beth Allen, a fabulous encouragement and friend, to do the major planning. It was hard work and exhausting, but the Lord was glorified in the end!

*In November, Brian and I headed down to the Plains again to watch the Auburn play UT Chat. for Homecoming. We spent some time with our friends Wesley and Rebecca and their sweet baby Eli. Overall, it was the perfect day. We didn't have much of an agenda, so it was super nice. And Auburn won again!



*In late November, Brian and I went to Auburn once again for the Georgia game with the Vanns and the Wilkes. We never actually made it into the game, but enjoyed the game at Brian's brother's tailgate. Auburn, of course, won the game, and we enjoyed great fellowship!

*In December, we joined some friends and went shooting at the Vann's farm. I have never seen so many firearms in one place. In the end, I hit 3 clays with a shotgun and hit the target with a handgun. 



*Right before Christmas, Brian and I took another trip to the Grand. Once again, it was a great time to relax after a very busy fall! We have fallen in love with the hotel and with the little town. So much fun!


2010 was a fantastic year! We are excited about what's to come in 2011!

Have a blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...