10/15/11

Door decor

I need to begin this post by informing you that I have a Pinterest problem.
It's so incredibly addicting and I continually find projects to work on- though they take much more time than they used to.

My most recent find was the yarn wreath. 
It all started at the hospital. The day after EA was born, I was dying to get out of the room, so I took a stroll around the halls to look at all the door hangers. Some were cute, some were subpar.... 
then I found this jewel..
So so cute. Classy. Simple. Ahh and the obsession began.

When I finally began functioning again, I decided to see what I could find on Pinterest and online in the way of yarn wreath tutorials and found some precious wreaths. See...


 This week, I finally got started making my own and found it was so easy! All you need is a straw wreath form, yarn, and hot glue, plus whatever embellishments you want. Wrap and glue, wrap and glue. 

Here is my version of the yarn wreath-

And on our door...

Happy Saturday!

Linking up to Tatertots & Jello!

4 comments:

  1. SO cute!!! I really want to make a yarn wreath sometime: I'm running out of doors to put wreaths on! :) And your front door is gorgeoussss with the brick around it, just thought I'd add that in! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I've been dying do a yarn wreath too...finding the time to do the gazillion pinterest projects i'm itching to do...that's another topic entirely!

    I enjoyed texting with you some yesterday! Hopefully we can try and talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness. I guess I know what I'm doing over Christmas break now! Those wreaths are precious. You would be proud-- college has made me more crafty. And speaking of precious, EA is ADORABLE. Please let me come visit in December!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love yarn wreaths too, but I think I love your wreath better than the others! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...