3/28/12

Literally literary.

Staying home with my precious baby girl has allowed a lot of my old self to come back- 
the one who spends time with girls and has the time and opportunity to truly invest in them,
the one who anxiously awaits Brian to get home from work... or from the many many trips he continues to have to go on,
the one who develops new hobbies and enjoys the ones she already enjoys,
the one who gets to read... not because she has to for graduate school but because she wants to.

Besides taking pictures, the past few weeks have been full of loving on my sweet girl, having lunch with friends, sewing delicious new skirts for EA and some of her friends, and reading.. lots and lots of reading.  

The first series I enjoyed Smart Chick Series by Mindy Starns Clark.




These Christian fiction books had a little bit of love, a little bit of mystery, interesting characters, and fun story lines. I checked the first book out at our church's library a few weeks ago and went back a week later to get the other two. 

But the REAL quencher came last week when I heard from the hundredth person how good the Hunger Games Series was and how they just couldn't put it down, etc, etc. 
I went home, bought it on my Kindle, and never looked back.




As a friend of mine said, this is no Harry Potter or Disney movie but the plot keeps the reader holding on until the very end. You fall in love with the characters, hurt for them, hate for them and desperately want to know what happens to them. Brian started reading the book this week and is almost finished.. a sign in itself of how great the books are. We hope to see the movie this weekend! If you haven't read the books, seriously, you must.

What are some of your favorite books or series? I am itching for something new and would love suggestions!

Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading Karen Kingsbury books. I haven't checked our church library for them, but they likely have them. Start with the Redemption series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunter and I both loved the Hunger Games trilogy, too! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to put the Smart Chick Series on my to-read list. Sounds like I might like them. I read these awhile ago but I really enjoyed them...they were by Elizabeth Noble who is a British writer. I liked The Reading Group, The Friendship Test, and Alphabet Weekends. I have the one about letters to my daughters, but I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...