7/31/12

Discipleship.

Discipleship.
Kind of a buzz word around churches these days. 

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations..."

But what does that really mean? My awesome friend Maegan said it like this- 
You just live life with them, showing them how you live life with Jesus each day.
I love that. 

God had been laying discipleship on my heart for awhile before He showed me who I should disciple.
Whether it was actually discipleship or more focused accountability or even just quality hang out time, I had the incredible opportunity to spend some time with Kelsey this summer. Kelsey and I already knew and loved each other, but were able to step it up a notch in our time together. 

It is amazing how God uses opportunities to serve in a way you would never imagine. I truly believe that I got wayyy more out of our time together than Kelsey did, but I am so thankful for our summer together.

Kelsey just got back from China where she went with several people from her church in Auburn and worked with some children in an orphanage. Her posts about her work there brought me to tears and our conversation over lunch almost made me make plane reservations. God is working in this girl and it's such a glorious joy that I could be in even a teeny tiny part of it.

Check out her posts my friends, I promise you'll be blessed.
Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I beg to differ-- I think I got WAY more out of this summer than you! So thankful for you and your willingness to pour into my life continually! Can't wait to see how the Lord uses us to sharpen one another. P.S. Book the plane tickets. It's like 16,000 sky miles x2. China has teachers and engineers, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...