7/26/12

San Francisco- Pt. 1

As I mentioned before, Brian and I had the fabulous opportunity to go to San Francisco for our 5 year anniversary. EA spent a little time with both sets of grandparents leaving me and Brian to explore to city on our own.

Folks, it was fabulous.
It was a wonderful 64* pretty much the whole time we were there. It was a bit foggy but brightened up most days.

We got there on Thursday. Our flight landed about lunchtime so we jumped on the Bart and road it to the bus station, then hopped a street car to the hotel. I'm not going to lie- it was kind of exhausting running around the city with our luggage, but was totally worth it. We checked into the hotel, then spent some time meandering around Fisherman's Wharf.

We hit Pier 39- I was a bit disappointed... normally there are hundred of sealions on these docks, but apparently late June/ early July is mating season, so they are off.... mating. These two guys stuck around for our viewing pleasure though.
Greatly appreciated.

The left-handed store. Everything was made for a lefties (which I am!)- lefty notebooks, coffee mugs, and, my favorite, scissors!  They were super comfy on my left hand and I now have scissor envy to know how good the right handers of the world have it.

Telegraph Hill

Dinner at Boudin- Brian had tomato soup in a bread bowl, I had grilled cheese. We ate by this cozy fireplace overlooking Fisherman's Wharf.

Ghirardelli Square.  They give sample chocolate when you walk in the store. Score.

Because our bodies were a little off from the time change and the 3 AM wake-up call, we hit the sack early to prepare for the next day.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun vacation destination: Nate and I will have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such fun already. We love San Francisco so much. And I'm totally jealous of Boudins. Our favorite bread bowls. What a great trip. Can't wait t read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...