7/7/09

Praise the Lord!!!

Hi friends! I am so excited to let you know that today the Lord answered a major prayer- I got a job!!!! I am officially (as of Monday when the board votes) a 2nd grade teacher at a school about 10 minutes from my house. The principal called me yesterday to be sure I had not accepeted another job offer, then asked if she could call my references. She did that first thing this morning and then called me at about 11:00 to let me know my references were great and that she wanted me to join the team! This is the same school I interviewed for the 6th grade reading position- they said they had me in mind for the 2nd grade position the whole time! I am so grateful for the job and this opportunity. God has taught me so much over the past 3 months about trusting Him and looking to glorify Him in everything, whether it be with me as a teacher or not. He has just proved one more time that He is faithful, no matter the state of my heart or my mind. He is SO good!
Here are a random selection of pictures from my classroom. I obviously haven't brought any of my classroom materials there yet, but I plan to start that tomorrow. If you have any suggestions for the very tall window, leave a comment- I am kind of puzzled on that one :)

To celebrate, Brian, Mom, Daddy and I went to La Fiesta. La Fiesta is very important to my history- I eat there most birthdays, including other people's, and that is where I found out I made 8th grade dance team. You can tell it has a lot of significance to me. When I heard I got the job, I was torn on where to have my celebration dinner, but in the end La Fiesta won out, because I hate to tarnish it's name in my big event list!
Here are some pictures of us from the evening!


Finally, I went to Hobby Lobby's clearance rack today and found some AWESOME deals!
Lamp- $10


Don't love the shade, so I bought this adhesive lamp shade for $2.50. I am going to adhere cute fabric the match the room the lamp is going in. Bodie obviously wanted you to notice her, too :)



Wire baskets- $1 (I bought 3) I am going to spray paint these black and put them.... somewhere. Who can pass up a $1 deal?

Once again, thank you for your prayers on the job search. Have a blessed evening!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is so exciting! And to find a job at a school so close to you is a double blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! SOOO happy for you! God is good!

    BTW-that is a really good picture of your parents, you should frame it for them!

    Can't wait to see you soon!
    PS-check out FB about lunch on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I know many people searching for jobs and I know how stressful that can be. I've been reading all about you, and they are going to be blessed to have you on their team. I will be praying for a smooth start for you :)

    Thanks for linking me on your blog....it means the world to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God! We've been praying that He would find the right job for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Your classroom looks great and it looks like it has a lot of storage areas! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Actually my husband has about a 3 minute drive from our house to his classroom! So jealous! At least we're only paying for lots of gas in one car! Have fun preparing for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...