10/8/09

DIY Cross Picture

So, with a mixture of my time looking at blogs and me being me, I am really in a crafty mood lately. My students have made a Halloween banner with color and draw it yourself witches, bats, and pumpkins and I am writing in my lesson plans that they will paint pumpkins for a Halloween activity (somehow I need to make that educational- any ideas?) I have a list of crafts I would like to give as gifts for either a wedding or Christmas and I am trying like crazy to work my way through them. Well, I have finished craft #1 and I am super pleased! I obviously can't post all of them here because I don't want to ruin any surprises, but I will show what I can :)



Materials- Thin canvas (Less than $5 for 2), Scrapbook paper of choice (.59), Modge podge, Cross from Hobby Lobby ($3.50), Hot glue gun, Frame and Mat as you like!
I used the modge podge to stick the paper to the canvas. Next, I hot glued the cross to the canvas. Finally, I matted and framed it.
Voila! This is it being modeled on the wall. It has since come down and will be wrapped.
Have a blessed evening my friends!

6 comments:

  1. Cute! Thanks for the artsy idea! Have you ever read/experimented with the book "How Many Seeds In A Pumpkin?" It can be ordered off Borders.com and it is a story about a class using pumpkins to learn all sorts of measurement lessons. I used it to teach quick surface level lessons on counting/grouping/sorting/measurement/weight/volume....it was AWESOME! You could then paint the pumpkins afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estimate the weight, circumference, etc. of the pumpkins....sink or float....check and guess.....inches v. cm.....? I think I have a whole pumpkin/Halloween unit on it. There's a bunch more too if you're interested in cutting the pumpkins open. But, it's realllyyyy messy. I am doing the Halloween/narrative writing/Photo Story thing again. I tried calling you back....we'll be in the car again tomorrow, I'll give ya another call then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I love-love-love it! I have crosses everywhere so I must try this project with one of my smaller ones. My mom once said that if it weren't for Jesus and Auburn I wouldn't have any decorations in my house... yah-yah whatever! ;> God's blessings on your week and WAR EAGLE!!! Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. We keep meaning to find a great cross, but can't decide on what to do. Maybe we'll make a rustic one?

    If you haven't alredy please head over and link up: http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/10/room-month-monster-dominoes.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...