12/28/09

Merry Christmas! (a little late)

Wow- It has been FOREVER! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Though it is several days late, I have to say I love the true meaning of Christmas. The fact that God sent Jesus to fulfill prophecy and become the Man who frees us from our burdens and provides us with the peace and hope of eternal life is almost more than I can comprehend. I am thankful for who God is and that He was willing to come to earth. He is good.

It's been a busy 3 weeks for the hus and I (as I'm sure it's been for everyone else). Between finishing up graduate classes for the semester, to weddings, to Christmas break for my wonderful 2nd graders (who desperately needed some time away from school), to spending time with friends and family from out of town, to CHRISTMAS, I feel like we have been running all over the place. Now Brian is sitting quietly on the couch playing his new Madden game and I am happily returning to my bloggy world. Hello, old friend. :)

Brian was off on Christmas Eve so we decided we would spend the day doing fun "together" things before we went to my parents that night. I recieved a William Sonoma gift card from a sweet friend, so we had a blast picking out fun kitchen accessories we would never have been able to buy otherwise. My favorite purchase was the Pancake Pen. We made some delicious pancakes- and they were cute to boot! I handled the pancakes and Brian made the eggs and sausage- so scrumptious. It was amazing how great the pen worked- we spent more time creating pancake designs than actually eating the pancakes. If anyone has extra money lying around (HA!), I suggest you making the Pancake Pen investment. You won't regret it.

Once we finished breakfast, we set up the air mattress in the living room, lit a fire, and watched the movie 500 Days of Summer. I had been itching to see it since I first saw the preview a while ago. It was a little quirky, but overall, a very good movie.

That night we joined my family for our Christmas Eve celebrations. It was the first time my extended family has all been together in a very long time, so it was nice to see everyone. My cousin, Brandon and his wife, Amy brought there 1 1/2 year old. It was the first time we have had a child in the Christmas festivities. I LOVED it. He was so sweet and was into everything. It was just a very cool added element. I can't wait for when there are more.

Christmas Day was great. We spent the day with my parents, sitting around the house, taking pictures with our new camera, and really just spending time together. I love Christmas and the way no stores are open to distract you- it's simply quality time with the people that you love. Wonderful.
Have a blessed evening, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back on here! And, I like the new look of the blog. The pancake pen looks too cool - I may have to invest in one of those. Looks like y'all had a great Christmas. I love that picture of the Johnsons and McAdams! Talk to SOON, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a pancake pen sounds amazing! I'm glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...