8/12/11

Baby J- Week 37 Nursery Reveal!

In honor of being 37 weeks and full term, I am sharing Emily Ann's nursery! 

We have had the room painted since well before we found out EA was a girl- funnily enough, we changed it from pink to the brown/ grey instead of vice versa. I love the color and the way it brightens up with the white furniture. 

The view from the door :) Our crib is from Babies R Us. We went back and forth about getting a 4-in-1 but decided this was the best option for our budget. The curves and feet make it so elegant! Our bedding is from Land of Nod and was definitely the biggest splurge in the room. It is so bright and friendly- I love it!

We got this dresser from Ikea several years ago as a dresser for our guest bedroom. When we were shopping for nursery furniture, we realized this was the perfect height for a changing table! We added the changing pad and voila! 

This little corner makes me so happy! My mom made the curtains with inspiration from this picture on Pinterest. Brian's parents and brothers gave us the rocker from Cracker Barrel. The quilt from our bedding was the perfect throw for the back of the chair. The nightstand came from the unfinished furniture store about 5 years ago. We left it unfinished for years, but knew we wanted it white once we started the nursery.

This armoire came from Minerva's in the spring of 2010. I have wanted an armoire for ages and really wanted one for the nursery. We found the piece before we were pregnant but went ahead invested because it is so versatile. This piece was from the 1930's and adds so much additional space for storage. 



Here is the view from the other corner of the room.

One of my favorite parts of the room is the handmade decorations. We definitely splurged in different places when decorating this room, but I was determined to create the art myself. I spent a lot of time looking for ideas and wasted at least 5 canvases completing work that I didn't really care for and painted over in white. The best part was the things that some of my sweet friends made. It makes the room so special!

 My wonderful friend Ginny made these as part of the decorations for my Sunday School shower. I love the colors and the work she put into it. They are so cute! They are the perfect door decorations and really help the room come together. 

This Creative Memories frame/ magnet board was a wedding gift. The best part about it is that I can change it any time I like without a lot of extra effort. Right now we are featuring ultrasound pictures, but that will be changed as soon as our little girl is here.

I looked and looked for a bulletin board but couldn't how to figure out how to keep the older than newborn Emily Ann from pulling down the thumb tacks. After spending lots of time on blogs, I determined that a magnet board would be a much better option. I purchased the frame from the clearance section of Hobby Lobby and the sheet metal from Home Depot. My handy, dandy husband used his talent and tools to put it together. We used round magnets and covered them with the tops of Coke bottles that were Brian's Father's Day gift. 

I have also fallen in love with doilies! I am still not sure about this canvas, but I wanted to add scripture somewhere in the room. The doily accent makes it very sweet and feminine, but honestly, this may or may not stay- the handwriting bothers me. The picture in the frame was one of our favorites from our maternity pictures- though you can't tell in the picture, we are holding a banner that says Emily Ann.

These paintings were a true labor of love. I looked for inspiration for ages and finally came up with a mixture of a few different paintings. I created the scalloped edge, then used my Cricut to make the monogram. I found scrapbook paper to match the bedding and created pennants to go at the top of the paintings, but also used the pennants to create consistency throughout the room. They are also on our Creative Memories frame and on our magnet board. 

I have loved this alphabet canvas that I found several months ago, but needed it to match my nursery. Once again, I put my Cricut to good use, used the same matching papers from the pennants, and created this great alphabet/ number board. Since this display sits on top of the armoire, it allows us to keep some of our nicer books safe from sweet baby hands, but still accessible to share!

Finally, my sweet friend Jennifer completed the nursery with this painting. We found a similar painting in a store in the area, then she used colors from the nursery to create her own version. It is such a beautiful addition and really finishes off the room.

And there you have it! The only thing missing from this room is our baby girl! I can't wait to see Emily Ann in here, to rock her in the chair, watch her sleep in the crib, and enjoy her growing up. The Bump said in my weekly updates this week that her major organs are finished developing, so she is welcome to come whenever she likes! 3 weeks until her due date!

Happy Friday friends!

7 comments:

  1. crazy that there's only 3 more weeks! I love the last few touches you added since I last saw the nursery. come on, Emily Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so SO adorable!!! The furniture is so sweet and classic, the bedding and art/colors: beautiful! You two did such a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so cute! I am so glad I got to see it in person, too. I know you can't wait to hold your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious, of course! You are very talented! And welcome to the world and a very sweet Mommy & Daddy, Emily Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious! Great job, Ashley and Brian! Love and miss you guys! Can't wait for Miss Emily Ann to make her big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nursery looks awesome! Great job!! I am so excited for you guys and I cannot wait for EA to enter the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness! What a sweet room. And I love all your personal touches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...